The committee is chaired by the head of each LSG. The composition of the 25 member committee is as follows:-
|CDS Member Secretary|
|LSGI Vice president/Vice Chair person/ Deputy Mayor|
|Development and Welfare Standing Committee Chairperson|
|Heads of Departments under LSG|
|CDS vice chair persons|
|Women(not more than 5) elected representatives nominated to CDS by the LSGs|
|2 Experienced former CDS office bearers|
|Income generation , health education and infra structure volunteers of CDS|
|Representatives of Banking/Financial Institutions|
The major responsibilities of the committee are as follows.
1. To assess the progress of the CDS action plan for poverty alleviation and to support and give guidelines where necessary.
2. To integrate the different poverty alleviation programmes of local self governments with Kudumbashree programmes.
3. Support the CDS by the appropriate utilization of different resources available with the local self government.
4. Outsource possible economic-technical services for the maximum effectiveness of the CDS
5. To support micro enterprises and marketing of products.
6. Facilitate the women empowerment programmes of Kudumbashree.