'GRAND CARE' is a program conceptualized and implemented by Kudumbashree in association with health department. The program also has convergence with many other departments or missions like women and child Department, Social Justice Department, NRHM, Local Self Government etc.
Elderly people generally have less immunity and have co morbidity. hence if affected with Corona virus, they are more likely to have serious complications. In this regard it is essential to spread awareness that society should take precaution and extra care for the people who are ages above sixty. Kudumbashree's Grand Care Program is a step towards this.
The aim of this programme is to spread awareness to the public regarding the need to take special care for the elderly to prevent them from Covid-19. Various information education and communication (IEC) strategies are employed to spread this message under the umbrella of Grand Care programme.
Hon. Minister for Local Self Governments Shri. A.C. Moideen, handed over the logo of Grand Care Programme to Executive Director S. Harikishore IAS on May 14th 2020 inaugurating the project. The Logo is designed by Sketch Media through a competition. Various activities of under Grand Care programme is listed below. Details about the progress of implementation of these activities and the result or outcome is available in the tabs given above. We request everyone reading this page to spread the message that special care and attention is required for elderly as they are more vulnerable to Corona Virus.
1. Spreading awareness to 80 lakh families through Kudumbashree Neighborhood groups. Click here for Details
2. Monitoring all those who are in home quarantine and spreading the message. Click here for Details
3. Calling elderly people directly through call center and spreading message. Click here for Details
4. Targeted intervention for vulnerable populations like tribal, coastal,and destitute families. Click here for Details
5. Spreading awareness through special information education communication campaign. Click here for Details
6. Providing necessary communication to Pravasi who are returning from abroad regarding the importance of taking care of elderly. Click here for Details